The F-150 is absolutely the most popular pickup truck in North America due to its combination of modern styling and tech, and the legendary utility and versatility it offers to the owner. It is also a vehicle that’s driven on every possible surface you can encounter, which makes it all the more important to have a good pair of wipers up front. In this text you can read about everything there is to know about wipers for the Ford F-150.
Ford F-150 Wipers Size Chart
|Year||Driver Side||Passenger Side||Rear|
|1979||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1978||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1977||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1976||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1975||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
What Size Windshield Wipers do I Need for Ford F-150?
It is always recommended to replace the wipers on your F-150 with new ones that are exactly the same size. You surely wouldn’t want part of your windshield not covered. To check the correct size, you can use a measuring tape, or read the appropriate section in the owner’s manual. Please note that through the years, Ford changed the size of the wiper blades several times.
The easiest way to check the size of the wiper blades on your F-150 is by checking on our website. Just be sure that you know the model year and you’re good to go.
Different Types of Wiper Blades
As with every other vehicle accessory, wiper blades come in different designs and features. That said, every wiper blade should be able to successfully remove water from your windshield, but also snow, and other contaminants such as dirt and bugs. Of course, you need to pair your wipers with a good windshield washer fluid.
Here are all the different wiper blade types available on the market right now:
- Frame-Style – these are the most common. Made from halogen hardened rubber and helped by metal squeegees, they’ve been in the automotive industry for decades. The high-quality models are very good at removing water, but not great for snow;
- Beam-Style – the modern alternative, made from one piece of rubber or silicone. These wipers offer many benefits, such as better cleaning properties, durability, and aerodynamics, but tend to be more expensive;
- Snow (or winter) wiper blades – these work better in the winter due to additional rubber shell that helps in removing snow;
- Heated wiper blades – these blades are the best choice for people who live in areas with very cold winters;
Some manufacturers equip their wiper blades with proprietary technologies and design, that improve their properties even further. However, the better the tech, the more you need to pay for it.
How to Replace the Wipers on Ford F-150?
Replacing the wipers on your F-150 consists of few simple steps (applicable to all wipers):
- For easier removal, turn your vehicle to “ON”, then turn the wipers and turn off the vehicle when they are in their most vertical position;
- Pull the wipers up until they are held in place;
- The wiper is held in place by a “U” shaped handle and a tiny clip. Push the clip and slide the blade downwards;
- Pull until the blade completely comes off the handle and remove it carefully;
- Slide the new wiper blade into the “U” shaped handle until it clicks in place.