Some may not like it, but there is no arguing the Honda Accord’s popularity. Families all over North America love the roominess, comfort, driving dynamics and reliability it offers. Those advantages make the Accord one of the best vehicles for long journeys.
However, while the Accord is very reliable by itself, the wiper blades it possesses only last for a few years. They are very important for safety, especially on long trips, so that’s why we’ve prepared a guide for wiper blades replacement and all of the wiper types for Honda Accord.
Honda Accord Wiper Size Chart
|1997||24″||20″||14″ or 15″|
|1996||24″||20″||14″ or 15″|
|1995||24″||20″||14″ or 15″|
|1994||24″||20″||14″ or 15″|
What Size Windshield Wipers do I Need for Honda Accord?
Given the fact that Accord’s first generation was unveiled in 1976, Honda changed the size of the front wipers quite a lot. That’s why there is no precise answer to the question above.
That said, it is very easy to find out by yourself. The obvious thing is to measure the wiper blades using a measuring tape, or checking in the owner’s manual. We have an even better solution – our website has the wiper blade size for every Honda Accord – just be sure that you know the model year!
Different Types of Wiper Blades
Suffice to say, but every new wiper blade should at least be able to clean your windshield when it is raining, but also from bugs and dirt. However, some blades do the job better than others, and we don’t talk about brands here. There are different types of wiper blades, each with different advantages and disadvantages:
- Frame-Style – these are the oldest wiper blades. You can recognize them by the metal frame and metal squeegees. They work great in case of rain and can remove bugs and dirt, but they are not the best choice for highway driving due to their non-aerodynamic design;
- Blade-Style – this modern design is much more aerodynamic and works much better at higher speeds. You can recognize them by their simple design – they’re made from one piece of rubber or silicone. These are also more durable, but cost more than frame-style blades;
- Winter wiper blades – these work better in the winter due to additional rubber shell that helps in removing snow;
- Heated wiper blades – these blades are the best choice for people who live in areas with very cold winters. However, they are very expensive and the installation process is not as easy.
- Please note that some manufacturers have their own proprietary designs and improvements, but those raise the price even more.
How to Replace the Wipers on Honda Accord?
Replacing the wipers on your Honda Accord is a very easy process and most people already know how to do that. However, if you’re not sure, why not check our step-by-step guide down below?
- Turn your vehicle to “ON”, then turn the wipers on and turn off the vehicle when they are in their most vertical position;
- Pull the wipers upwards until they are held in place;
- The wiper blade is held in place by a “U” shaped handle and a tiny clip. Push the clip and slide the blade downwards;
- Pull until the blade completely comes off the handle and remove it carefully;
- Slide the new wiper blade into the “U” shaped handle until it clicks in place.