The Honda Civic is absolutely one of the most popular compact cars on the market due to a combination of excellent driving dynamics, comfort, refinement and reliability. Owners travel thousands of miles with the Civic annually, often without too many mechanical problems.
However, even the most reliable vehicles, like the Civic, need to be properly maintained. That is especially true for the wiper blades, which are one of the most important (and often overlooked) parts safety-wise. Here you will learn everything there is to know about wiper blades for Honda Civic.
Honda Civic Wiper Size Chart
|Year||Driver Side||Passenger Side||Rear|
|2007||28″||24″ or 25″|
|2006||28″||24″ or 25″|
|2005||21″||16″ or 19″|
|2004||21″||16″ or 19″|
|2003||21″||16″ or 19″|
|2002||21″||16″ or 19″|
|1998||20″||18″||14″ or 15″|
|1997||20″||18″||14″ or 15″|
|1996||20″||18″||14″ or 15″|
|1986||18″||18″||14″ or 15″ or 16″|
|1985||18″||18″||14″ or 15″ or 16″|
|1984||18″||18″||14″ or 15″ or 16″|
|1979||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1978||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1977||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1976||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1975||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1974||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
|1973||14″ or 15″||14″ or 15″|
What Size Windshield Wipers do I Need for Honda Civic?
There is too many generations of Honda Civics in order to answer this question right away. Every generation comes with different windshield size and design, which means that you must choose carefully.
A pretty straightforward thing to do is to measure the wiper blades with a measuring tape, or you can find the size in the owner’s manual. The easiest way to do this is to check on our website! Just make sure that you know the “model year” of your Civic and you’re good to go.
Different Types of Wiper Blades
After finding the right size for your Honda Civic, now let’s move onto finding the right wiper blade type. There are several different types available on the market, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. We recommend reading about each one below before buying.
- Frame-Style – the most common wiper blade design, and also the oldest one. You will recognize it by the metal frame on top of the blade. These blades clean the windshield successfully from water, bugs, and dirt, but lose their abilities at higher speeds;
- Beam-Style – the modern alternative to frame-style wiper blades, these are made from one piece of rubber or silicone. They work much better at higher speeds due to the aerodynamic design and are more durable. However, they are more expensive as well;
- Winter (or snow) wiper blades – made specifically for winter, these work better when the temperature falls below zero and when it’s snowing due to the additional rubber shell;
- Heated wiper blades – the most high-tech solution for wiper blades works amazingly well in the winter and when it’s snowing. However, they cost more than other blades and the installation process is not as straightforward.
How to Replace the Wipers on Honda Civic?
After you’ve bought the wiper blades that suit your Civic and the weather in your area perfectly, we’ve come to the part where you need to install them on your vehicle. The process is very easy and if you’ve never done it before, check our step-by-step guide below:
- Turn your vehicle to “ON”, then turn the wipers on and turn off the vehicle when they are in their most vertical position;
- Pull the wipers upwards until they are held in place;
- The wiper blade is held in place by a “U” shaped handle and a tiny clip. Push the clip and slide the blade downwards;
- Pull until the blade completely comes off the handle and remove it carefully;
- Slide the new wiper blade into the “U” shaped handle until it clicks in place.